STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS, STANDARD BOGIE
In view of the anticipated development of bogie wagons the B 12 Committee has been charged with defining a bogie able to run at 120 km/h, both on standard (1.435 m) and on broad-gauge track (1.524 m), which will permit the automatic traction and shock coupler to be used on wagons and which could replace the bogie of the present standard flat wagon after the simple introduction of some suitable intermediate parts. The purpose of the 1st stage, which forms the subject of the present report, is to define a bogie with a good running behaviour at 120 km/h, which has 8 brake-shoe holders, arranged in pairs on both sides of each wheel, and which guarantees adequate braking under (S) running conditions (maximum speed of 100 mk/h). The interchangeability conditions for bogies to be used under standard wagons have also been defined. In order to arrive at a suitable choice, the Committee has drawn-up a set of criteria which must be satisfied and has recommended that riding stability tests for comparing the different solutions should be carried out by the SNCF (on normal-gauge track) and by the PKP (on broad-gauge track).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-11
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed vehicles; Standardization; Trucks; Two axle trucks; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Polskie Koleje Panstwowe; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Clasp brakes; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053119
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 14/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM