CONGRESS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ERGONOMICS ASSOCIATION, 7TH, 1979
This issue is devoted to the proceedings of the 7th Congress of the International Ergonomics Association. Eight invited papers are included in full, from the four plenary sessions on: Ergonomics as a Factor of Socio-economic Development; The Need for Broadening the Scientific Basis of Ergonomics; Ergonomics of Non-vocational Activities; and Ergonomics Mental Occupational and Public Health Surveys. Also included in full are three of the six introductory papers from the round-table sessions, on: Pioneers of Ergonomics; Ergonomics in the Design of Industrial Equipment; and Application of Ergonomics at Various Stages in Plant Design. The very comprehensive coverage of the subject by the Congress program is well indicated by the titles of the sixteen sections into which the 204 abstracts of contributed papers have been grouped: Past, Present and Future Developments of Ergonomics; Anthropometry, Biomechanics and Body Posture; Physical Work Load and Climatic Load; Experimental Psychology and Psychophysiology; Mental Load: Laboratory Investigations; Metal Load: Field Studies; Visual and Inspection Tasks; Ergonomics in Occupational Health and Safety; Night and Shift Work; Ergonomics for the Elderly and the Handicapped; Ergonomic Design and Evaluation of Equipment and Products; Sectorial Applications of Ergonomics; Ergonomics in Driving and Transport; Work Systems Analysis and Design; Ergonomics and the Organization of Work; Education and Training in Ergonomics and Human Factors. The 11 complete papers are indexed separately.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00140139
Taylor & Francis4 Park Square, Milton Park
Abingdon, United Kingdom OX14 4RN
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 288 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment tests; Ergonomics; Evaluation; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Psychology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial psychology
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00310496
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM