STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. RESULTS OF THE STATIC AND DYNAMIC TESTS CARRIED OUT ON THE PROTOTYPE WAGONS. TEXT AND ENCLOSURES
The present Report consists of three parts. The first part gives an account of the tests carried out according to a general programme at Vitry-sur-Seine, by the Test-section for the construction of rolling stock of the Rolling Stock Test Department of the SNCF, and at Minden by the Test Department for Rolling Stock of the German Federal Railways. These tests were carried out on: the BD 209, Soule, Arbel, and DB 210 wagons, and three open standard UIC wagons (type 2) of the DB, (1), the test results of which have served as a reference basis for judging the behaviour of the prototype wagons, since these should, according to the intentions of the "Design Competition", make it possible to arrive at the construction of a wagon at least as strong, but lighter and cheaper than the Standard wagon type 2 of the UIC. The tests concerning the wagons DB 211 and DB 324 will be dealt with in 2 special reports, one for each of them. The second part of the present report deals with the various tests likewise falling within the scope of activities of B 12 Committee of ORE and carried out independently of, or additionally to, those mentioned in the programme described in the first part. These tests were carried out either at Vitry or at Minden on the prototype wagons mentioned above, or on other wagons the behaviour of which seemed likely to provide interesting information, viz.: at Vitry: additional buffering tests with the Soule-wagon, up to the resistance limit of the shock-units; comparative tests during buffering, of the end swing doors fitted to a standard UIC-ORE open wagon. One swing door was identical with the original arrangement, the other was an interchangeable, reinforced, end swing door constructed according to a suggestion made by the SNCB. at Minden: deformability tests of the side doors carried out on open DB type Omm 52 wagon and on a CFF type L7 wagon; lateral tipping tests carried out with open DB type Omm 31, Omm 33, Omm 37, Omm 52 and OBB Omm 37 wagons. Finally, the third part contains the conclusions to be drawn from the tests already carried out and discussed in the two preceding parts.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1959-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Equipment tests; Measuring instruments; Standardization; Static tests; Structural analysis; Testing; Tests; Vehicle design; Vibration tests
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b12; Test equipment; Test programs
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 3/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM