CUSTOM MOS FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE MARKET
Custom MOS has been around since the late 60's when it was used extensively by the military and some farseeing calculator manufacturers. In fact, custom MOS caused the calculator revolution and the development of microprocessors. The 8080 was an evolution from a custom processor. Custom MOS is a synergyism between the end product developer and the semiconductor technologist. It is a semiconductor product that is designed for a specific need. As a consequence, it is the most efficient and cost effective answer to that need. However, when one also takes development time, development costs, and manufacturing guidelines into account, another solution may be more sensible. Custom MOS is anything from a simple sound generator to a complex engine control computer system. Custom MOS is not limited to a single chip system. It may be a multi-chip system with a mixing of standard components. Techniques can be used to reduce system costs by efficient usage of interconnect.
- From the Meeting held February 26-March 2, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Morris, D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Applications; Automobile industry; Automobiles; CMOS devices; Computers; Cost effectiveness; Electronic equipment; Guidelines; Markets; Microprocessors; Semiconductor devices; Semiconductors
- Old TRIS Terms: Mos
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00310346
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790238
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1980 12:00AM