STRENGTH OF BODIES OF PASSENGER COACHES. COMPLETE CALCULATION OF PASSENGER COACH BODIES (STRESSES, DEFLECTIONS AND NATURAL FREQUENCIES)
A detailed description is given of the complete calculation of passenger coach bodies (stresses, deflections and natural frequencies) using the general theory of redundant frames. A passenger coach chosen as application example permits a comparison to be made between the measured values and the calculation results. In addition, the report gives all the necessary instructions for the use of the calculation programme and the application arrangements.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Motor vehicle bodies; Passenger cars; Structural analysis; Tests; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Car design; Passenger car design; Question b7
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053109
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 7/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM