STRENGTH OF BODIES OF PASSENGER COACHES. CALCULATION METHOD. USE OF THE IBM 7070 COMPUTER
The ORE Specialists Committee B 7 recommends the use, for the future, of the IBM 7070 electronic computer for the calculation of coach bodies, on account of the following advantages: possibility of calculating coach bodies having up to 17 openings (i.e. window openings + door openings); decrease in the number of work-hours required for carrying out the calculations; reduction of the possibility of committing errors, and decrease of the costs incurred by using the electronic computer. It should of course be under stood that the conclusions contained in document B 7/RP 4 are still completely valid, but the objectives stated in the conclusions of the latter report will be more rapidly attained thanks to the advantages afforded by the IBM 7070 computer.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Guided missiles; Information processing; Motor vehicle bodies; Passenger cars; Structural analysis; Tests; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Car design; Monocoque construction; Passenger car design; Question b7
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053106
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B7/RP 5/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM