BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES. THEORETICAL STUDIES OF BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES
The report contains three theoretical studies, explaining the static and dynamic action of braking and acceleration forces on railway bridges. Differential equations are furnished for bending and longitudinal loading of bridge girders; a simple dynamic model and a quite thorough quasi-static model are solved. Theory is compared with experiment. The effects of the most important parameters on the horizontal forces in rails and bridge bearings provoked by braking and acceleration forces are investigated.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Bending; Bending stress; Braking performance; Bridge design; Bridges; Force; Mathematical models; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Horizontal loading; Question d101
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053103
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D101/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM