DESIGN OF CRUSHING AND SCREENING EQUIPMENT FOR DIFFERENT MATERIALS
When designing an economically operational crushing and screening plant information is required on the market potential of the client, the types of material to be processed and the products required. Predesign testing of the material is required to determine its hardness (moh scale), abrasion index (burbank method) and typical product requirements (aggregate crushing value, soundness, shape, etc.) the influence of type of feed on crusher design is indicated by reference to a typical calculation sheet for a crusher design. General requirements for plant layout, and balanced design for crushers, screens, conveyors, chutes and bins, etc., are indicated. General requirements for power supply, installation and maintenance are also indicated. The paper includes as an appendix, a lecture on how to select and design correct quarry plant - this includes comment on the relative merits of different types of crushers, screens, chutes, etc., and a design of a hypothetical crushing plant (a). (TRRL)
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869102737
- Workshop on Aggregate and Road Base Production With Mobile Equipment, Casino.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- MCDONALD, J F
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 111-133
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Abrasions; Aggregates; Base course (Pavements); Building materials; Conferences; Crushers; Crushing; Design; Equipment; Gravel; Handling and storage; Hardness; Rocks; Screenings; Sieve analysis; Storage facilities; Testing equipment; Washing
- ITRD Terms: 4577: Aggregate; 8525: Conference; 5176: Crushing; 9011: Design (overall design); 3674: Equipment; 4575: Gravel; 4555: Material (constr); 2961: Roadbase; 4154: Rock; 5185: Sieving (mater); 9137: Storage; 5183: Washing
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 00310270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0 86910 273 7
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM