BENDING TESTS OF STRUCTURES CONSISTING OF TWO BEAMS WELDED AT RIGHT ANGLES. DYNAMIC TESTS
Pursuant to the previous report concerning static tests, this report gives results of fatigue tests on the same two types of beam connections. Type A has sharp corners and type B has rounded corners. Test results are summarized and conclusions are drawn in relation to design. Appendix 1 gives notes on the manufacture of the specimens and the material from which they were made. Appendix 2 is the laboratory report, giving a description of the tests and detailed results.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridges; Construction; Dynamic tests; Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Metal bridges; Steel; Steel bridges; Steel structures; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d86; Steel construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D86/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM