BRITAIN'S FREIGHTLINER LINKS SEA WITH TRAINS AND TRUCKS
The article is a resume of an analysis of container-on-flat car operations and philosophy prepared by Cyril Bleasdale, managing director of Britain's Freightliner, the world's largest rail/highway container operation. Included in the analysis are such topics as Freightliner development, the search for container handling equipment, the shift to long distance hauls, traffic patterns, and new opportunities and future problems for container operations. The article also provides an economic comparison of Freightliners long and short haul journey costs including staff costs, capital investment, licenses and fuel costs.
Communication Channels, Incorporated6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W.
Atlanta, GA United States 30339-2941
- BLEASDALE, C
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: p. 20-23
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Container on flat car; Container terminals; Container traffic; Containers; Costs; Economic analysis; Freight handling; Intermodal transportation; Motor vehicle operations; Operations; Rail marine interface; Transportation; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Container operations; Freight operations; Truck operations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00310195
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM