A TYPICAL RIVER GRAVEL PLANT FOR AGGREGATE OR ROAD BASE
River gravel deposits are of importance in New South Wales, particularly for small scale country aggregate production. The paper reviews firstly the preliminary requirements for a fixed crushing and screening plant, e.g. Aggregate and sand requirements, site conditions etc., then describes in detail the equipment required for a typical plant suitable for an assumed 50 t/h capacity, using a feed fo 125 mm maximum size gravel containing 40 per cent sand. The operator's position near the primary conveyor is described and aspects of equipment layout and alternatives are discussed. The equipment referred to includes hoppers, feeders, scalping screens, conveyors, screens, storage bins, sand washers, chutes, power supply, recirculating screens and crushers. Methods of cleaning clay and wood from the feed are outlined. Methods of controlling particle shape, required modifications for the production of road base, and minor changes required for mobile plants are indicated (a). (TRRL)
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869102737
- Report from the Workshop on Aggregate and Road Base Production with Mobile Equipment, Casino, New South Wales.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Watson, A L
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 63-73
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Base course (Pavements); Conferences; Crushing; Equipment; Gravel; Industrial plants; Layout; Methodology; Sand; Sieve analysis; Washing
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 4577: Aggregate; 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 5176: Crushing; 3674: Equipment; 4575: Gravel; 9102: Method; 2961: Roadbase; 5185: Sieving (mater); 5183: Washing
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 00310152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0 86910 273 7
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 9 1980 12:00AM