DATA TRANSMISSION BY MEANS OF RAILWAY TELEPHONE CIRCUITS AT SPEEDS EXCEEDING 600 BAUDS. EVALUATION OF THE MEASUREMENTS CONDUCTED ON EXISTING TELEPHONE CIRCUITS. (TEXT AND APPENDICES)
Measurements and data transmission tests were conducted to obtain information on the properties and possible use of existing telephone circuits. During the selection of the circuits to be incorporated into the programme of measurements, the Committee has made an attempt at selecting a representative number of types of each group (number of circuits with similar technical properties, e.g. carrier frequency connections) of circuits, which are considered for data transmission on railway systems. Therefore, the measuring programme does not include circuits which are known for their high noise voltages. During the overall assessment, the existance of such connection should however be taken into consideration. The measurements themselves and their immediate results were described in Interim Report No. 2. Interim Reports Nos. 2 and 3 are complementary, since this Interim Report No. 3 describes the evaluation and assessment obtained by Professor Marko from the results of the measurements. In connection with this contribution by Professor Marko the Committee describes the experience gained from the measurements and the conclusions drawn from the evaluation of the results for the railways. Finally, there are references to the work planned, and to subsequent work. The measuring records concerning the tests on the radio link Frankfurt-Essen and the results of the evaluation made by the Olivetti firm are appended to this report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material. This report is in 4 volumes (text, appendices 1, 2, 3) all under the same accession number.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Data communications; Modems; Telecommunications; Telephone equipment; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a76
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053091
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A76/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM