APPROACH TIME EQUALISER FOR FLASHING LIGHT INSTALLATIONS FOR LEVEL CROSSINGS. EFFECT OF REDUCED ACCELERATION - DRAFT SPECIFICATION
This report gives the kinematic conditions of operation for an approach time equaliser which is valid for trains having a maximum acceleration of 1.6 - 10 to the minus 2nd power V. (In Interim Report No. 1 a value of maximum acceleration of 2.7 - 1.4 x 10 to the minus 2nd power V was used.) Two cases are considered: (a) a device measuring the speed only at certain points, and (b) a device measuring continuously the position of the train with respect to the level crossing. This report also includes a specification for equalisers of both types (a) and (b) above.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1964-3
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Detectors; Fail safe systems; Instruments for measuring speed or velocity; Railroad grade crossings; Specifications; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic warning systems; Question a73; Signal systems; Speed measuring devices
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A73/RP 2/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM