STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF THE HEATING RETURN CURRENT FROM THE CARRIAGES TO THE LOCOMOTIVE ON TRACK CIRCUITS
The introduction of an electric train heating system for Diesel traction has been considered by the Specialists dealing with the question of train heating. Disturbances to signalling installations (track circuits), caused by the return current of electric train heating plant, have so far prevented the use of electric train heating on non-electrified lines. Special measures are required to eliminate these disturbances. The present report deals with the problmes which arise in this connection in the field of the signalling technique. (1) Introduction of an electric train heating system insulated from the mass of the vehicles. And (2) Introduction of an electric train heating plant, according to UIC-leeflet No. 552, requiring special measures for the protection of the track circuits. The costs for both solutions have been estimated for some Administrations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1959-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Electric insulating materials; Electrical systems; Heating systems; Interference; Tests; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical insulation; Question a48; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053082
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A48/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM