PANTOGRAPH CONTACT STRIPS. DESCRIPTION OF THE TEST APPARATUS FOR MEASUREMENTS OF WEAR. SUMMARY OF THE FIRST TEST RESULTS
The Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) has asked the DB to construct a test apparatus, according to the design prepared at the Experimental Institute, in order to carry out measurements of wear on pans and pantograph contact strips. The test installation has been designed for the measurement of the rate of wear of contact strips and contact wires made of various materials, as a function of several parameters (speed, distance, humidity, temperature, contact pressure, position of contact wire, current density, and tension of contact wire), according to purely physical methods. It will permit separate study of the factors always simultaneously affecting wear in electric traction, so as to create sure foundations for normal use in the track. Subsequently, the wear of various contact strips and contact wire materials will be investigated according to exact and scientific methods.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1956-1
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Contact wire; Durability tests; Pantographs; Wear
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a2
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053078
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A2/CR 1/E Prog. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM