CALCULATION OF CATENARY MASTS AND FOUNDATIONS
The ORE tests aimed at studying overturning, pushed to the limit, of isolated cylindrical and parallele piped foundations for supporting masts for contact wires along the electrified tracks. The results of these full scale tests can be applied to all isolated foundations subjected to stresses mainly caused by overturning moments, such as foundations of electric lamp posts, masts for the distribution of low and average voltage electric energy, signal portals, telephone lines etc. They do not apply in any case to multiple-footing foundations, generally used for high voltage distribution.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Foundations
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a1a
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ala/RP 1/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM