RUNNING SAFETY OF VEHICLES FITTED WITH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER. CALCULATION BASES FOR DETERMINING THE PERMISSIBLE LONGITUDINAL COMPRESSIVE FORCE FOR TWO-AXLED WAGONS IN ALLOWING FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF A PROGRESSIVE SUSPENSION SYSTEM. TYPICAL RESULTS CHOSEN FROM THE CALCULATIONS MADE
The present report deals with the extended calculation bases for verifying the running safety of 2-axled goods wagons intended for use with the automatic coupler. This document should be considered as representing a supplement to report B 125/RP 3, Appendix 1. In particular, the calculation method now permits account being taken of the progressive suspension system and of the influence of the gravitational force component due to cant. An appropriate replacement system taking into account the progressive suspension system and the influence of the gravitational force component due to cant has been introduced. The extended calculation method permits a more exact determination and uniform processing of all single and multi-stage suspension systems for 2-axled and bogie wagons. A complete calculation method for 2-axled wagons is thus available.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Dynamics; Gage (Rails); Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Stability (Mechanics); Suspension systems; Tests; Train track dynamics; Two axle cars; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Question b125; Track gauge
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B125/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM