TESTS ON THE TRACK ON THE RIDING STABILITY AND THE GUIDING QUALITY OF VEHICLES BY MEANS OF A SPECIAL VEHICLE. DESCRIPTION OF THE NEW BOGIE WITH ELASTIC PRIMARY SUSPENSION BETWEEN AXLES AND FRAME
The purpose of this experimental bogie fitted under a measuring coach is to study the effect of different design parameters on stability: elastic suspension between bogie frame and axles, wheelbase, suspended mass, vertical load carried by the bogie, tyre profile. This free bogie installed under the measuring coach is subjected only to slippage originating at the point of contact between wheel and rail. The report describes the constructional arrangements adopted to enable the parameters to be varied simply and also the measures adopted to reduce friction to a minimum when the bogie frame rotates and moves relative to the body of the measuring coach.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Equipment tests; Instrumentation; Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Steering; Suspension systems; Test vehicles; Tests; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Wheel base; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b52; Test cars; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B52/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM