CARRIAGE AND RAILCAR HEATING. SUMMARY OF THE WORK DONE BY THE COMMITTEE AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF HEATING AND AIR-CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT
A short introduction to, and a description of, the field of research entrusted to the B 30 Specialists Committee precede an account of the field trials during the years 1955 to 1957, which is given in Chapter 1. The results of these trials show that useful and comparable tests can be made only in a permanent test installation and that the conditions of comfort to be met by heating and air-conditioning equipment still require to be specified. The factors influencing conditions of comfort are defined in Chapter 2, and Chapter 3 contains proposals for technical improvements. Determination of energy consumption is described in Chapter 4, and an account of the investigation to ascertain the liability of freezing of water supply systems in passenger coaches is given in Chapter 5. A detailed description of the problems arising from the use of oil-fired heating systems is given in Chapter 6 and a similar one of the problems due to air-conditioning equipment in Chapter 7. The establishment of the Vienna Arsenal testing station is described in Chapter 8. A review of the results obtained from tests with the latest heating and air-conditioning equipment in the Vienna Arsenal testing station is given in Chapter 9. The design of both types of equipment was based on the preliminary work of the B 30 Specialists Committee. Recommendations for the design and construction of heating and air-conditioning equipment are set forth in Chapter 10, which also contains an outline of the future development of this equipment. Chapter 11 consists of the final observations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Energy consumption; Freezing; Heating; Heating systems; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Steam; Tests; Water resources
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Steam heating
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b30; Water supply
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053066
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B30/RP 22/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM