CARRIAGE AND RAILCAR HEATING. REPORT ON THE TESTS, MADE DURING THE WINTER 1957/58, TO DETERMINE THE STEAM CONSUMPTION REQUIRED FOR THE HEATING OF CARRIAGES
The B 30 Specialists Committee had been entrusted with the task of determining, by means of tests, the values indicatory of the steam consumption for the heating of various types of carriages equipped with various systems. The tests were carried out on the lines of the DB, at the request of the B 30 Specialists Committee, by the Carriage and Wagon Testing Department of the DB at Minden (Westphalia) (1958). Three test trains, each consisting of 9 coaches of the same type, were formed; the average consumption values of each coach were then measured, by measuring, under relatively unfavourable service conditions (night journeys, unoccupied compartments), the total consumption of each test train.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1959-7
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Heating (Structures); Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Passenger cars; Steam
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Uncontrolled Terms: Steam heating
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b30
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053049
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B30/RP 3/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM