TESTS ON AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS. WORK OF THE COMMITTEE FROM JANUARY 1967 TO DECEMBER 1969
The work of the Specialists Committee in the period covered by the present report from January 1967 to December 1969 is essentially characterised by: the carrying out and the evaluation of the "hundred coupler tests" (ORE-report B 51/RP 6), the preparatory work for the UIC delegation, forming part of the "UIC-OSJD Technical Working Group for the automatic coupler", with a view to defining the characteristics of the UIC/OSJD suspension (ORE-report B 51/RP 7), and including the drawing relating to the preparation of wagon underframes, the studies having led the Committee to recommend against accepting the simple traction coupler for use in international traffic (ORE-report B 51/RP 8), the preparation and carrying out of tests with mechanical mixed coupling systems and intermediate pieces, and the continuation of the study on the whole of the complex problem "riding stability of vehicles equipped with automatic couplers" (ORE-report B 51/RP 9).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Riding qualities; Stability (Mechanics); Suspension systems; Tests; Train track dynamics; Vehicle frames
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Mixed coupling; Question b51; Riding stability; Underframes
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053046
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 12/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM