TESTS ON AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS. TEST WITH AUTOMATIC COUPLERS OF THE UIC 1969 TYPE (ADAPTED BY THE UIC AND BY THE OSSHD-IMPROVED MANUFACTURING PROCEDURE)
Following tests over several years with various automatic couplers, the UIC 1969 type was developed. This coupler meets the conditions of UIC/OSShD Leaflet No. 522 and is suitable for coupling with the OSShD coupler. Joint tests were carried out at the beginning of 1970 with UIC 1969 coupler-heads taken from the first manufacturing batch, and with OSShD couplers. The tests described in the present report were requested by the UIC and were carried out with couplers manufactured in the second half of 1970. The tests took place from November 1970 to January 1971. found that the defects observed during the "joint tests" with the UIC 1969 couplers were not of a fundamental nature and that it had been possible in the meantime to eliminate these. Furthermore, it had also been possible to introduce several improvements: a new electric line connector showed an excellent performance during all these tests. The principle of the ability to couple with the OSShD automatic coupler has been ensured in all cases. Summing-up, it can be stated that the UIC coupler of the 1969 type had shown a very satisfactory performance during these tests.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Design; Durability tests; Performance tests; Tests; Wear
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 11/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM