TESTS ON AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS. SIMPLE TRACTION COUPLING
This report deals with the application possibilities of the simple traction coupler as a component in the transition from the screw coupler to the automatic traction and shock coupler without side buffers. An elaborate study of the test reports presented by the SNCF, DB, FS and NS has induced the Specialists Committee to conclude that the simple traction coupling, on account of its technical and operational drawbacks and its contestable economy, should not be accepted in international traffic. The Specialists Committee is furthermore of the opinion that the application of the simple traction coupling for the internal traffic of the Administrations should be limited to a minimum and that it should not delay the elimination of the side buffers.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Design; Motor vehicles; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Tests; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Center buffer couplers; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053042
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM