TESTS ON AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS. HUNDRED COUPLER TESTS
The purpose of these tests was to provide data to enable the "Jury" to decide on one of the three locking systems and one of the three suspension systems, with a view to a comprehensive definition of the UIC automatic synthesis coupler. The programme approved by the "Pushing Group" at its meeting on 25th January 1967 covered tests on the geometrical test- bench, tests with individual wagons, running trials, tests in severe weather conditions on a line in Scandinavia and at the Vienna Arsenal climatic Testing Station. The results of the tests were discussed by the B 51 Committee on June 1967, and a report prepared for the "Jury" containing the proposals for completing the definition of the UIC automatic synthesis coupler.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Design; Motor vehicles; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Tests; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Center buffer couplers; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053040
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B51/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM