STANDARDISATION OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. ORE REGULATIONS FOR THE TESTING ON THE TEST-BENCH OF DIESEL TRACTION ENGINES LIABLE TO BE FITTED TO RAILWAY VEHICLES (100 HOUR TYPE-TEST AND 360 HOUR TEST)
This document describes in detail the special tests of a new procedure for the testing of diesel traction engines on the test-bench. This test-procedure is primarily intended for the testing of new engines under international control by ORE, whereby a Railway Administration is not placed under any obligation to buy. The technical conditions of the procedure accurately simulate the requirements laid-down for diesel engines during the service tests and, consequently, permit the lengthy delays connected with such service-tests to be appreciably reduced. In order to alleviate the task of supervision, use is made of automatic control devices and recording instruments.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Equipment tests; Regulations; Specifications; Standardization; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b13; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B13/RP 15/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM