STANDARDISATION OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. MAINTENANCE OF PISTONS, GUDGEON PINS, PISTON RINGS AND CYLINDER LINERS OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES
This report reflects the results of the comparison and use, in the course of several years of joint collaboration within the ORE B 13 Committee and Working Group, of the experience acquired by ten European Railway Administrations with very advanced dieselisation. Only the technical side of maintenance is dealt with. The results are interpreted by a Technological Guide which comprises all the recommended rules in the present state of the art of the construction of diesel engines, a part of which, dealing with methods of assessment and repair, is directly usable by workshops, and by the standards derived from these rules for estimating the performance of pistons, rings and liners in the course of official homologation procedures of diesel engines. The report contains a terminology in five languages. In the same way, the Working Group has already prepared a reject on the maintenance of diesel engine crankshafts (Report No. 12)
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 153 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Piston rings; Pistons (Engines); Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Cylinder liners; Diesel engine maintenance; Question b13
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 13/RP 14/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM