STANDARDISATION OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. MAINTENANCE OF DIESEL ENGINE CRANKSHAFTS
The work of the Working Group B 13.9 on the maintenance of Diesel engine crankshafts which is summarised in Chapter 1 of this Report, has been done quickly, in fact, between the 11th January and the 20th July, 1965. The basis of this work was the comparison of the experience acquired by the Specialists. This comparison was done on the spot, that is to say, in the workshops of the different Administrations. The conclusions of the study B 13.9 contained in Chapters 2 and 3 of this report are partly general and partly in the sphere of concrete results. The general conclusions have shown the definite interest, for each Administration represented, of the information which the Specialists have exchanged in a manner that was particularly open, wide and deep. As far as the concrete results are concerned, these may be summarised as follow: A technical guide for the maintenance of crackshafts, which can be used directly by the workshops; this contains all the rules recommended at the present state of manufacturaing technique of diesel engines, the criteria deduced from these maintenance rules, for the use of the Specialists Committee B 13 in assessing the behaviour of crankshafts during the homologation procedures of diesel engines, indications of some investigations that it would be opportune to carry out in a wider circle of Administrations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1965-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Crankshafts; Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Standardization; Tests; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b13
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 13/RP 12/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM