STANDARDISATION OF DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES. MANUAL FOR THE CARRYING OUT OF TYPE TESTS ON DIESEL ENGINES ACCORDING TO UIC LEAFLET 623
The present manual was compiled on the basis of the experience gained in the course of type tests made on Diesel engines under the ORE homologation procedure. The object of this manual is to adequately specify the details involved in the carrying out of each of the instructions appertaining to the application of the homologation regulations, laid down in Interim Report B 13/RP 4, so that all type tests made under the supervision of ORE should be carried out in similar conditions and should consequently produce comparable test results. The manual comprises 12 sections. The first eleven sections define, for each stage of the operations which constitute the type test according TO UIC Leaflet No. 623: the sequence of the measurements, the method of measurement, and the accuracy of the measurements. The fully detailed model of a test report constitutes the twelfth section.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1961-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Locomotive operations; Locomotives; Manuals; Measuring instruments; Regulations; Standardization; Test procedures; Tests; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Question b13
- Subject Areas: Design; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053020
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B13/RP 6/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM