USE OF SYNTHETIC MATERIALS AND GLUED CONNECTIONS FOR THE STRESSED PARTS OF LIGHT WEIGHT ROLLING STOCK. ENQUIRY AND FINAL REPORT
This final report contains contributions from six Administrations giving, among other things, detailed descriptions of the present applications of glassfibre- reinforced plastics in railway vehicle construction. These contributions should be of some use in defining the present stage of development but they do not enable any further conclusions to be reached concerning further development. With a view to standardizing the description of the application of synthetic materials and of the experience gained with such materials a special form has been drawn up which the Administrations are recommend to use. The bibliography to the report contains 149 references.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Epoxy resins; Fiber reinforced plastics; Polyester resins; Questionnaires; Railroad cars; Synthetics; Tests; Vehicle components
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Ceske drahy; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Car components; Car construction; Question b68
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053018
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B68/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM