USE OF SYNTHETIC MATERIALS AND GLUED CONNECTIONS FOR THE STRESSED PARTS OF LIGHT-WEIGHT ROLLING STOCK. ENQUIRY REPORT
This supplementary Enquiry Report should afford an insight into the most recent state of development of the practical applications of synthetic materials and glued connections on the UIC Member Administrations. Synthetic materials have been introduced on a fairly large scale as accessories of rolling stock (locomotives, passenger coaches and goods wagons). The building of passenger coach bodies of synthetic materials has been suspended for the time being, but several tests are in progress on refrigerator vans with bodies of synthetic materials and tank wagons with tanks of synthetic materials. The attention paid by Railway Administrations to the inflammability of synthetic materials is reflected by the relevant rules and regulations prepared for the internal use of the Administrations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Fire resistant materials; Flammability; Freight cars; Locomotives; Motor vehicle bodies; Passenger cars; Railroad cars; Refrigerator cars; Safety; Synthetics; Tank cars; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Car body; Car construction; Question b68
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053017
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B68/RP 2/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM