A $798-million Dallas highway project improved traffic flow into and out of the city's downtown. The new "Horseshoe" interchange corrected the traffic bottlenecks and safety concerns of the original design from the 1960s with improved geometry, wider bridges, and relocated exits.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
- © 2018 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Brown, Robert M
- Publication Date: 2018-5
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Maps; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 56-63
- TRT Terms: Bottlenecks; Case studies; Geometric design; Highway bridges; Improvements; Interchanges; Off ramps; Pavement widening; Road construction; Width
- Geographic Terms: Dallas (Texas)
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 01675477
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ASCE
- Created Date: Jul 10 2018 10:50AM