BUFFERS WITH A LARGE WORK ABSORPTION CAPACITY. TESTS WITH HYDRO-PNEUMATIC BUFFERS AT BERTRIX, (BELGIUM) IN 1965
Programme of Work: (a) Tests with improved "Oleo-Pneumatics" buffers (150 axle train); (b) Possible further tests with other types of elastic elements with a view to the future application of the automatic coupler and to removing the fears expressed in this connection by the Operating Departments concerning train-reactions and possible damages to the goods transported; (c) Buffing tests with different types of loading for the purpose of determining the relative influence of the different characteristics of the elastic elements of the buffers, or of the elastic systems for the automatic traction and shock coupler (consequences of above mentioned Point (b); and (d) Calculations on the computer for the purpose of determining the longitudinal forces and reactions in long trains under different conditions, especially during emergency braking at low speeds (0 - 30 km/hr).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Occupant protection devices; Pneumatic equipment; Tests; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection; Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Buffers; Hydraulic buffers; Question b36
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B36/RP 6/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM