BUFFERS WITH A LARGE WORK ABSORPTION CAPACITY. COMPARATIVE TESTS ON BUFFERS FOR PASSENGER ROLLING STOCK
The purpose of the present report is to give an account of the comparative tests on buffers for passenger rolling stock, carried out in the Testing Station at Vitry-sur- Seine in 1962. These buffers were submitted to the following tests: Static test, in order to plot the diagram "forces-strokes". Dynamic test on the tup, in order to define the intrinsic characteristics of the buffer. Dynamic buffing test in order to study the behavior of buffers under the operating conditions occurring in practice. The buffers were installed on an SNCF-coach, 1955 type of great length, made of stainless steel. The buffing tests were made while using as stop block an open wagon loaded with pulverous coal and having a weight on rails of 40 tonnes fitted with the SNCF standardised rubber spring buffers (stroke 75 mm). These tests have made it possible to verify the performances of the various proposed types of buffers for passenger rolling stock.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-2
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Passenger cars; Static tests; Test procedures; Tests; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Buffers; Question b36
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B36/RP 5/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM