DESIGN CRITERIA FOR MODERN MOORING MACHINERY
This paper is presented in response to the apparent need for an orderly approach to the preparation of specifications for and the design of mooring/warping winches. In this regard a baseline of concepts and relationships has been developed from which, considering existing constraints, reasonable mooring machinery design criteria may be established. It is considered fundamental that a study of mooring systems be approached from several interdependent view points, thus this presentation has approached the subject of mooring machinery in the following phases: Operation, Design and Application.
- Paper presented 17 April 1979 to The New York Metropolitan Section, SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Christiansen, W M
- Lithen, E E
- Herchenroder, H
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Dynamic loads; Electric drives; Hydraulic transmissions; Mooring; Moorings; Rope; Winches
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Hawsers; Hydraulic drives; Mooring mechanism drives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316623
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM