FINANCING NEW YORK CITY'S PUBLIC TRANSIT SYSTEM. VOLUMES 1 AND 2
This two-volume report traces the history of transit operating revenues and expenditures in New York City and nationally, examining public transit funding in many U.S. metropolitan regions. The Federal mass transit operating subsidy program is discussed, along with shortcomings. The report offers alternative transit funding mechanisms for MTA. Fare structures for major U.S. transit systems and farebox revenue are also examined. Public transit strikes in the U.S. between 1973 and 1979 are described and the effects of the 1966 stoppage of NYCTA are described.
- A report presented to MTA Forum by Jack Bigel.
Program Planners, Incorporated230 West 41st Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Fares; Financing; Government funding; Labor relations; Public transit; Rapid transit; Strikes; Subsidies
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority; New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Old TRIS Terms: Metropolitan transportation authority
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00314896
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM