USDA's monthly Agricultural Outlook presents a concise overview of the agricultural economy and its major components through situation and outlook briefings. The comprehensive review of latest developments and future uncertainties on the food and fibers scene offers supply, demand, and price analyses and forecasts. Consistent with its intersectoral approach, impacts on both producers and consumers are projected. Major sections are: Overview of the agricultural economy; Commodities; Food and Marketing; Farm inputs; Policy developments; Transportation; and World agriculture and trade. Agricultural Outlook is USDA's official source on marketing costs and on food price and farm income forecasts. Charts and tables are interspersed throughout the narrative, and special analytical articles are run from time to time. Regular tables in the statistical indicators section include data series on supplies and use of farm products, farm income, farm prices received and paid, marketing spreads, wholesale and retail food prices, U.S. agricultural trade, general economic indicators, and more. Also appearing each month is a checklist of new USDA and State Crop and Livestock Reporting Service reports.
- Microfiche available on Standing Order, Deposit Account required. North American Continent price $5.50/each issue; all others write for quote. Also available in single copies. Paper copy available from Supt. of Docs.
Economics, Statistics and Cooperatives ServiceIndependence Avenue, Between 12th and 14th Streets, SW
Washington, DC United States 20250
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Agricultural economics; Agricultural products; Economic conditions; Food; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Grain; Gross national product; Handling and storage; Livestock; Marketing; Monthly; Periodicals; Prices; Statistics; Storage facilities; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Wheat
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Agricultural traffic; Cattle; Livestock transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00313941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 11 issues
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM