PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONTAINER OPERATIONS AND SHIPPING CONFERENCE
For the first time in public debate, the operators and their importateurs de fruits et legumes d'outremer) in Brussels prejudices and priorities on issues vital to their economic operation. Areas covered in these debates included the proposals for new intermodal tariff rate structures and harmonised container rules and conditions, merchant and carrier haulage "discrimination", EEC competition rules for marine transport, non-conference rate structures, the economics of carrying containers in bulkers, fuel costs in BAF's. In addition to the direct shipper oriented debates, a wide range of subjects were presented and discussed, including container examination and EIR reports, advances in computer communication techniques, commodity behaviour and infestation, container stowage, low throughput container handling equipment, terminal development and containership design.
- Conference held 27-29 November 1979 in Amsterdam. Price 50 pounds.
Cargo Systems Publications LimitedMcMillan House, 54 Cheam Common Road
Worchester Park, Surrey KT4 8RJ, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Container terminals; Container utilization; Containers; Economic analysis; Economics; Equipment leasing; Operations; Shipping; Stowage; Tariffs
- Old TRIS Terms: Container operations; Container stowage; Shipping economics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00312343
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM