ELECTROPNEUMATIC BRAKE. COST OF FITTING WAGONS WITH THE ELECTROPNEUMATIC BRAKE
The costs have been estimated for fitting: the automatic type of brake with two brake pipes, and the direct-acting type with one 1 1/4" pipe by the CFF, the DB, the FS and the SNCF. This report contains the results of the studies then carried out by the Committee to ascertain the cost of fitting wagons with the electropneumatic brake. It should be mentioned that the systems are basically the same on all the administrations, but the actual application differs due to the great diversity of equipment used. Because of this, and also owing to the differences in costs, there are certain discrepancies between the estimates.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brakes; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Ferrovie dello Stato; Schweizerische Bundesbahnen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Electropneumatic brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Question b83
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B83/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM