RIGID PIPE PROOF TESTING UNDER EXCESS OVERFILLS WITH VARYING BACKFILL PARAMETERS: SECTION V (VOLUME 7)--NEUTRAL POINT ANALYSIS OUTPUT: QUASI-THEORETICAL BENDING MOMENTS, WITH EXPERIMENTAL MOMENTS
The neutral point analysis described in SECTION V (Volume 1) was employed to determine quasi-theoretical bending moments in the walls of the Cross Canyon, reinforced concrete culvert, using normal and tangential tractions modified to satisfy equilibrium considerations. Experimental values of bending moment, determined from internal strain gages, are included for comparison.
- Work described herein was performed in conjunction with the research project entitled, "Rigid Pipe Proof Testing Under Excess Overfills Using Varying Backfill Conditions," in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Sacramento, CA USA 95807
- Davis, R E
- Semans, F M
- Spannagel, D W
- Bacher, A E
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Bending moments; Equilibrium (Mechanics); Overtopping; Pipe; Reinforced concrete culverts; Retaining walls; Strain gages; Tubing
- Old TRIS Terms: Backfills; Overfills; Rigid tubing
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00311770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/CA/SD-79/09 Intrm Rpt., FCP 45I2-172
- Contract Numbers: D-4-133
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM