MARINE TRANSPORTATION AND HIGH ARCTIC DEVELOPMENT: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
Comprehensive work published as a companion volume to CARC's Montebello symposium proceedings, Marine Transportation and High Arctic Development: Policy Framework and Priorities (March 1979). The bibliography should prove an invaluable reference guide for individuals conducting research in a number of areas of interest and concern in the North. It should also go a considerable distance towards integrating traditionally separate fields of arctic research. The work opens with a lively review of deficiencies and achievements in eighteen different areas of arctic research. There follow over 1000 carefully-itemized bibliographic entries divided among the following subject areas: Physical Oceanography, Sea Ice and Icebergs, Sediment, Birds and Mammals, Biological Production, Ice Biota, Plankton, Benthos, General Ecology, Microbiology, Fish and Fisheries, Environmental Impact Studies, Coastal Studies, Climate and Weather, Technology, Oil and Gas, Other Pollutants, and Socio-economic Issues.
- Price: $7.95 each, including postage.
Canadian Arctic Resources Committee46 Elgin Street, Room 11
Ottawa, ONo K1P 5K6, Canada
- Dunbar, M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Coastal zone management; Coasts; Cold weather; Development; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Environmental risk assessment; Freight transportation; Frigid regions; Icebergs; Pipeline transportation; Research; Sea ice; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic environment; Arctic oil transportation; Arctic transportation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00311466
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM