SURVEY OF SALT, CALCIUM CHOLORIDE AND ABRASIVE USE IN THE U.S. AND CANADA FOR 1978-79
This report presents the results of a mail survey sent to State and Provincial Highway Departments, Public Toll Road Authorities, and county and city governments in the U.S. and Canada concerning their use of ice control materials during the winter of 1978-79. Figures are given for the quantities of salt, calcuim chloride and abrasives used by the various agencies. Data from the winters of 1969-70 and 1973-74 are used to determine trends in ice control material use, i.e. changes in the ratios of tons of abrasives and calcium chloride per ton of salt over the years.
Salt Institute206 North Washington Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Abrasives; Calcium chloride; Data collection; Deicing; Deicing chemicals; Ratios; Surveys; Thermal power generation; Utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Thermal power
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00311319
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM