PROPELLER MANUFACTURING: PROBLEMS IN DESIGN--PRODUCTION INTEGRATION AND QUALITY CONTROL
The service record of propellers is less than desirable and when propeller-related problems become intolerable, the diagnosis as well as the cures may be time consuming and expensive. A careful study of the existing design and manufacturing processes indicates that action is needed to improve; the design process, design data bases, quality control requirements, manufacturing processes, blade surface measurements, and design implementation. This paper describes these problems in detail and considers them in context of total propeller technology.
- Presented to a meeting of the Chesapeake Section of the SNAME in Laurel, Maryland on 23 April 1980.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- RAWAT, P
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Manufactures; Manufacturing; Performance; Propeller blades; Propellers; Quality control; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller manufacture; Propeller performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311132
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM