ON THE STATISTICAL DESCRIPTION OF SEAWAYS OF MODERATE SEVERITY
The sea and the ship--a current view on the engineering evaluation of the survivability with proposals for improvements therein. The statistical representation of nonlinear seaways is discussed and a practical technique for obtaining such a representation is offered.
- From the 1980 SNAME Spring Meeting and STAR Symposium, "Safety and the Marine Environment," held 3-7 June 1980 at the Hotel del Coronado, Coronado, California.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- St Denis, M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Electromagnetic spectrum; Force; Measurement; Reliability; Seas; Seaworthiness; Ship motion; Ships; Specifications; Stability (Mechanics); Structural analysis; Structural engineering; Wave height; Wave measurement; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design; Structural reliability; Wave forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Sea spectra; Ship stability
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00311116
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Session No. 3 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM