TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS--TO IMPROVE FREIGHT TRAIN PERFORMANCE. 2ND EDITION
This manual has guidelines for improved freight train operation, a composite of current North American railway operating practices. Standardization and documentation of successful practices will not only improve operations but be the basis for personnel training. Major emphasis is on promoting proper train handling and those elements which insure this: proper train makeup, track and structure considerations, and locomotive engineer training and/or retraining. The following elements make up the major sections: 1--Definitions and Functions of Equipment; 2--Train Handling; 3--Train Make-up; 4--Track and Structures Considerations; 5--Education of Locomotive Engineers; 6--Implementation of Guidelines. The manual is intended for officers who have responsibility for policy making as it pertains to train operations and for all levels of supervision involved in such functions.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Freight trains; L/V ratio; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Manuals; Operating rules; Railroad tracks; Sanding; Steering; Train makeup; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade operations; Locomotive engineer's tasks; Slack action; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00310843
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-185
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM