RAIL RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL REFERENCE REPORT #1
The results of six surveys of transit system facilities as prepared by APTA committees and subcommittees are reported. They include: APTA Communications Survey of both bus and rail facilities covering telephone, VHF and UHF radio, closed circuit television, public address systems, cable/carrier, teletype and other details; Ballast Questionnaire--Response Summary and General Information describing ballast materials, track structures, maintenance practices of North American rail transit systems; Evaluation of Four Different Rail Rapid Transit Propulsion Systems has appraisals of flywheel energy storage, pulse-width modulation propulsion system; self-synchronous motor, and regenerative chopper; Tabulation of Replies--Rail Survey of March 1975 with details of types, volumes and procurement of rail for rapid-transit and light-rail systems; Track & Right-of-Way Characteristics for Ballasted Track-Rolling Stock Characteristics-Operation Conditions; Statistical Information on Subway Systems-1975.
American Public Transit Association1225 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Choppers (Electricity); Environmental control; Flywheels; Light rail transit; Maintenance of way; Propulsion; Radio; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Statistics; Subways; Telecommunications; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Rail sections; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00310842
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM