DYNAMIC CLASSIFICATION TRACK ASSIGNMENT PROGRAM
This computer program is a general simulation model. Its purpose is to provide a detailed simulation of classification/bowl yard activity. The model considers all cars in the receiving yard and attempts to place them on the most suitable bowl tracks. Number of cars in the outbound blocks, length of bowl tracks, and proximity to outbound blocks for the same outbound train are used to determine the most appropriate bowl track. If no appropriate track is found, the system defaults to the yard master. Inputs are information about the tracks in the yard, rules for blocking and track assignments, and the initial inventory on the tracks.
- Publications include: Demonstration of Dynamic Track Assignment Program, June 1979; Flowcharts, July 1979; Computer Program, July 1979; AAR/FRA Freight Car Utilization Research and Demonstration Program, August 1979.
Association of American RailroadsFreight Car Utilization Program, 1920 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Blocking; Classification yards; Computer programs; Simulation; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Preblocking; Yard simulation models; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00309955
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM