THE DIESEL IMPACT ON BRITISH RAIL
This book traces the development of diesel traction in two different ways. In the first section, the various locomotives are described and discussed and their development is considered, while the second part deals with the development of the diesel engines themselves, and the different roles played by the different engine builders.
Maxwell Scientific InternationalMaxwell House, Fairview Park
Elmsford, NY United States 10523
- Tufnell, R M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel engines; Diesel hydraulic locomotives; Diesel locomotives; Locomotives; Technology; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00309951
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM