IMPROVEMENT OF THE RIDING QUALITY OF EXISTING RIV VEHICLES REQUIRED TO RUN AT 80 KM/H UNDER ALL LOADING CONDITIONS. SUMMARY OF THE WORK OF THE COMMITTEE
This synoptic report furnishes, first of all, the criteria retained for assessing the suitability of two-axled wagons to run at 80 km/h. One of these criteria concerns the distortion of the track and the other the riding quality (criteria bases on the use of statistical data). The report contains recommendations relevant to the execution of tests in the track (at the responsibility of the Administration). It subsequently indicates the results achieved by means of the various modifications tried and those among them recommended for the wagons considered and also the costs involved. A practical guide is given in the Appendix; it should refer the Administrations to the parts of the report to be consulted when studying the various aspects of the problem. This guide also contains a synoptic table, indicating for all the types of two-axled wagons, their possible suitability and the recommended modifications, if necessary. The report finally mentions the existence of a mathematical study carried out by the Railway Research Centre of the Yougoslavian Railways. Those Administrations encountering special problems will be able to have recourse to this study.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Derailments; Motor vehicles; Prevention; Railroad tracks; Ride quality; Safety; Stability (Mechanics); Tests; Train track dynamics; Two axle cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b56; Track deformation
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00052993
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B56/RP 4/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM