This article provides an overview of the world shipbuilding market. Topics discussed include: world shipbuilding trends; shipyard capacity versus demand; efforts by major, shipbuilding nations, (i.e. Sweden and Japan), to trim down their shipyard industries in the face of a depressed market; and the rise to the status of world shipbuilding powers of developing nations like Brazil and South Korea. Shipbuilding statistics, vessels on order or under construction, are presented in a number of figures and tables. This issue of Marine Engineering/Log includes a 26 page statistical section on vessels of 1,000 or more gross tons building or on order in the worlds's shipyards as of April 1, 1980.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 530
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Blenkey, N
- Publication Date: 1980-6-15
- Pagination: n.p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 85
- Issue Number: 7
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Developing countries; Fleet management; Foreign; Market assessment; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Statistics
- Geographic Terms: Brazil; Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet requirements
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00316644
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM