DESIGN AND SERVICE EXPERIENCES WITH THE TWO-STAGE TURBOCHARGED MITSUBISHI UE-E TYPE DIESEL ENGINES
The two-stage turbocharged UE-E type engine which was developed in 1975 has since been installed in 30 ships, mostly of the 10,000 gross ton class cargo type, as of June 1978. This paper reports on the special points considered in developing the E type engine and major results of the tests conducted on these points, introducing the operating conditions and overhaul results of the engines installed on ships.
- Paper presented at the ASME Energy Technology Conference and Exhibit, 3-7 February 1980.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Ujita, K
- Tsuneya, R
- Takagaki, I
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Papers
- Publisher: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Electric power plants; Equipment tests; Performance; Turbochargers; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel design; Diesel operation; Diesel performance; Diesel testing; Diesel turbochargers; Power plant analysis; Power plant performance; Turbocharged diesels
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00315035
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 80-DGP-29 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1980 12:00AM